Here are some detailed facts and statistics I found on the internet about divorce in America. They give you a clear picture of the extent of divorce happening in America and provide an interesting read.
1. In America, the marriage rate is 6.8 per 1,000 total population.
2. The rate of divorce in the United States per 1000 married women is 16.9.
3. About 50 percent of all marriages in America will end in separation.
4. Almost 60 percent of second marriages end in separation or divorce.
5. About 73 percent of all third marriages end in divorce.
6. America has the 6th highest divorce rate in the world.
7. In the United States, there is one divorce every 13 seconds.
8. That comes to 277 divorces per hour, 6,646 divorces per day, 46,523 divorces per week, and 2,419,196 divorces per year.
9. It takes a couple 2 minutes to recite their vows and during which there will be 9 divorces.
10. A typical romantic move lasts 2 hours during which there will be about 554 divorces.
11. First marriages that end in divorce or separation last about 8 years
13. 30 years is the average age for couples taking a divorce.
16. Over 60 percent of all divorces in America involve folks of ages 25 to 39.
17. The spouse who files for most divorce are women.
18. 4 Professions with highest divorce rate:
- Gaming service workers
- Massage therapists
20. 5 Professions with the lowest divorce rate are:
- Agricultural engineering
21. These are the most common reasons divorce happens in America.
- Lack of commitment 73%
- Argue too much 56%
- Infidelity 55%
- Married too young 46%
- Unrealistic expectations 45%
- Lack of equality in the relationship 44%
- Lack of preparation for marriage 41%
- Domestic violence or Abuse 25%
22. The states with the highest divorce rates are:
- West Virginia
23. The states with the lowest divorce rate:
- North Dakota
24. These are the most expensive divorces of all time:
- Harold and Sue Ann Hamm – $5.3 billion
- Rupert and Anna Murdoch – $1.7 billion
- Bernie and Slavica Ecclestone – $1.2 billion
- Adnan Khashoggi and Soraya Khashoggi – $875 million
- Craig and Wendy McCaw – $460 million
- Mel and Robyn Gibson – $425 million
- Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver – $250-$300 million
- Michael and Juanita Jordan – $168 million